The Laguna Playhouse Script Submission Policy
The Laguna Playhouse encourages playwrights and composers to submit new work for consideration; however, we ask that you limit your submissions to material that is appropriate for our venue and audiences. More specifically, we are interested in plays and musicals for adults and children that:
- Enrich, inspire and uplift through entertainment and education
- Provide a forum for intellectual engagement and stimulate cultural and social conversation and interaction
- Have high entertainment value and broad-ranging appeal
- Are family- and community-friendly, and
- Are not cost prohibitive because of cast size and/or production demands.
Please consult The Laguna Playhouse Production History on our website to learn more about the kinds of plays and musicals that we have historically produced.
The Laguna Playhouse is committed to preserving and protecting the environment. As a result, we strongly encourage artists to submit materials online in PDF format. Please send the following materials c/o email@example.com
- A brief description of the work (no more than one page);
- A sample of the work, up to 10-pages;
- If submitting a musical, you may include an audio file of a few sample songs and/or a link to an online audio or video file;
- A development history of the work;
- A brief bio of the playwright and/or composer. Feel free to include references from directors and theatres with which you have worked; and
- Your complete contact information, including email address, mailing address and phone number.
If we are interested in pursuing your work, we will contact you.